nachodki.ru интернет-магазин

UDC: 338.9+51(575.3)         https://doi.org/10.62965/tnu.sns.2024.1.11

Makhsudov B.I., Nigorai Z., Habibulloev Kh.

Tajik National University

In this work, the effects of a small thermal neutron flux on the growth rate of Rhizobium phaseoli IS TAAS-80 TJ and Bacillus megaterium var. phosphaticum bacteria intended for use in the production of micronutrients were studied. The phenomenon of germination of grow rate of bacteria under irradiation with small fluxes of thermal neutrons has been discovered. The best result was obtained with thermal neutron fluxes of 5.4-106 Fluence, at which the grow rate of bacteria increases by 5-6 times.

It has been experimentally shown that one of the possible mechanisms of the influence of thermal neutrons on the properties of biological objects is the interaction of thermal neutrons by the nuclei of light atoms of the composition of these objects. For this purpose, the IR spectra of the bacteria Rhizobium phaseoli IS TAAS-80 TJ and Bacillus megaterium var. phosphaticum were studied and the effect of a small thermal neutron flux on the spectral characteristics of these bacteria was estimated. It was found that in some bands of the IR spectrum of bacteria, when they are irradiated with small fluxes of thermal neutrons, the optical density intensity ratio changes. The greatest change is observed with thermal neutron fluxes of 5.4-106 Fluence, which correlates with an increase in the growth rate of bacteria by 5-6 times. It has been established that the change in the biological activity of bacteria is associated with a change in methyl groups.

It has been experimentally shown that one of the possible mechanisms of the influence of thermal neutrons on the IR spectrum of the bacteria Rhizobium phaseoli IS TAAS-80 TJ and Bacillus megaterium var. phosphaticum is a nuclear reaction of radiation capture of thermal neutrons by nuclei of nitrogen atoms of the species .

It is assumed that the mechanism of changing the activity of bacteria under the influence of thermal neutrons is due to a change in the conformation of DNA chains at certain sites and methylation of DNA, proteins and polymerase.

Keywords: IR spectrum, thermal neutrons, nuclear reaction, bacteria, hormesis, Rhizobium phaseoli IS TAAS-80 TJ, Bacillus megaterium var. phosphaticum.

Information about the authors

Makhsudov Barot Islomovich Tajik National University,

doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences head of the nuclear physics,  professor.

Address: 734025, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan, ,Rudaki Avenue, 17.

Phone: +992-907-74-33-83. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Habibulloev Hamidullo – Khujand Scientific Center of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Tajikistan,

Candidate of Physical and Mathematical Sciences.

Address: 735730, Khujand,  Republic of  Tajikistan, Kosmonavtov st., 2-42.  

Phone: (+992) 918-51-42-00. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Nigorai Zaydullo - Tajik National University,

assistant at the Department of Nuclear Physics.

Address: 734025, Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan, Rudaki Avenue, 17.

Phone: (+992) +992 988-19-19-91. E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

REVIEWER: Juraev Kh.Sh., Doctor Physical and mathematical sciences, professor

REFERENCES

1. Mamontov, A.P., Effect of small doses of ionizing radiation (in Russian) / A.P. Mamontov, , I.P. Chernov // Tomsk: Deltaplan, 2009. - P. 288.
  2. Makhsudov B.I. Influence of gamma irradiation on the emission characteristics of laser heterostructures / B.I. Makhsudov // Quantum Electronics. - 2012. T.42. №8. – Pp.745 - 746.
  3. Kuzin A.M. The problem of low doses and ideas of hormesis in radiobiology / A.M. Kuzin // Radiobiology. -1991. - Т. 31. -Vorp. 1. – Pp.16-21.
  4. Burlakova E.B., New aspects of the patterns of action of low-intensity irradiation in low doses / E.B. Burlakova, A.N. Goloshchapov, G.P. Zhizhina, A.A. Konradov // Radiation Biology. Radioecology. - 1999. - Т. 39. - № – Pp.26-33.
  5. Bilenko D.I., [et al.] Influence of low-dose gamma radiation on the electrophysical properties of mesoporous silicon /I. Bilenko, V.V. Galushka, E.A. Zharkova // Letters to the Journal of Technical Physics. - 2017. - Vol. 43 - V. 3. – Pp.57-64.
  6. Pollycove M., Radiation-induced versus endogenous DNA damage: Possible effect of inducible protective responses in mitigating endogenous damage / M. Pollycove, L.E. Feinendegen // Human and Experimental Toxicology. - 2003. - Vol. 22. - № 6. – Pp.290-306.
  7. Churyukin R.S., Effect of irradiation (60 CO) of barley seeds on plant development at early stages of ontogenesis / R.S. Churyukin, S.A. Geraskin // Radiation and Risk. - 2013. -Т. 22. -№ – Pp.80-92.
  8. Lakhanova K.M., The effect of different doses of X-rays and gamma rays on licorice Ural / K.M. Lakhanova, M.U. Sarsembaeva // Uspekhi sovremennoi naukhnostvennosti. - 2015. - № 6. – Pp.119-122.
  9. Makhsudov B.I. Influence of thermal neutrons on radiative characteristics of InGaAsP/AlGaAs- heterolasers / B.I. Makhsudov // Quantum Electronics. - 2015. - Т. 45. № – Pp.216 - 217.
  10. Belanova T.S., Radiation capture of neutrons: Reference book / T.S. Belanova, A.V. Ignatyuk,  B. Pashchenko, V.I. Plaskin // - M.: Energoatomizdat, 1986. – P.248.
  11. Stepanov Yu.M. Experimental methods of nuclear physics. Part 1: Textbook / Yu.M. Stepanov // Tomsk: Izd-vo Tomsk Polytechnic University, 2010.– P.370.
  12. Tanaka K.,  Effects of252 Cf Neutrons Transmitted through an Iron Block on Human Lymphocyte Chromosome / K. Tanaka, M. Hoshi, S. Sawada, N. Kamada // Intern. J. Radiat. Biol. - 1994. - V. 66. – Pp.391-396.
  13. Zhang W., [et al.] Relative Biological Effectiveness of Fission Neutrons for Producing Micronuclei in the Root-tip Cells of Onion Seedlings after Irradiation as Dry Seeds  / W. Zhang,  Endo, M. Ishikawa // J. Radiat. Radiat. Res. - 2002. - V. 43. – Pp.397-403.
  14. Kal H.B. Effectiveness of Cf 252-neutrons at low dose rates / H.B. Kal // Int. J. Radiat. Oncol. Biol. Phys. - 1982. - V. 8. – Pp.1549-1554.
  15. Britten R.A., Biological factors influencing the RBE of neutrons: Implications for their past, present and future use in radiotherapy / R.A. Britten, L.J. Peters, D.  Murray // J. Radiat. Radiat. Res. - 2001. - V. 156. – Pp.125-135.
  16. Evans H.J., The relative biological efficiency of single doses of fast neutrons and gamma-rays on Viciafaba roots and the effect of oxygen. Part II. Chromosome damage: the production of micronuclei / H.J. Evans,  J. Neary, F.S.  Williamson // Int. J. Radiat. Biol. - 1959. - V. 3. – Pp.216-229.
  17. Cebulska-Wasilewska A., Relative biological efficiency for the induction of various gene mutations in normal and enriched with 10B Tradescantia cells by neutrons from 252Cf source / A. Cebulska-Wasilewska, K. Schneider, J.K. Kim // J. Mut. Mutat. Res. - 2001. - V. 474. – Pp.57-70.
  18. Hodjaev T.A., Study of the mechanism of influence of thermal neutrons on the process of germination and germination of maize seeds by infrared spectroscopy / T.A. Hodjaev, N.U. Mulloev, B.I. Makhsudov // Bulletin of the Tajik National University. - 2015. - № 1/5 (188). – Pp.113-117.
  19. Makhsudov B.I., Effect of small fluxes of thermal neutrons on the infrared spectrum of bacteria Rhizobium phaseoli IS TAAS-80 TJ and Bacillus megaterium var. phoosphaticum / B.I. Makhsudov, N.U. Mulloev, Z. Nigorai // Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan. - 2021. - Т. 64. - № 7-8. – Pp.406-412.
  20. Makhsudov B.I., Effect of small fluxes of thermal neutrons on the growth rate of bacteria Rhizobium IS TAAS-80TJ / B.I. Makhsudov, K.H. Salimov, Nigorai // Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Tajikistan. - 2020. - Т. 63. - № 11-12. – Pp.723-726.
  21. Young J.M., Probable synonymy of the nitrogen-fixing genus Azotobacter and the genus Pseudomonas / J.M. Young,  -C. Park // International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. - 2007. - № 57. – Pp.2894-2901.
  22. Salimov K.H., Bacterial strain RHIZOBIUM IS TAAS-80 TJ for preparation of bacterial fertilizer. / K.H. Salimov, F. Najmizoda // Materials of the international conference and forum of inventors of the Republic of Tajikistan. Dushanbe. 2019. – Pp.139-140.
  23. Nigorai Z. Effect of thermal neutrons on the biological activity of humic acids / Z. Nigorai // Kishovarz - Theoretical and Scientific and Practical Journal of Agriculture. - 2021. - Т. 93. - № – Pp.20-24.
  24. Zhizhina G.P., Academician Tsivadze A.Yu. Structural transformations of DNA macromolecules in water-salt solution and survival of Escherichia coli bacteria in the ultra-weak field of thermalized neutrons / G.P. Zhizhina, A.G. Lipson, I.A. Gagina, S.V. Vasilieva, M.K. Borodin, E.I. Saunin // DAN,2010, Vol. 431, No. 1. – Pp.123-128.
  25. Lipson A.G., Structural transformation of DNA macromolecules under irradiation in a weak field of thermalized neutrons / A.G. Lipson,  P. Zhizhina, E.B. Burlakova et al.  //  Biophysics, 2007, Vol. 52,  No. 5. – Pp. 830-837. 

Article received: 20.10.2023

Approved after review: 23.11.2023

Accepted for publication: 15.01.2024

© ALLROUNDER